Inca Trail 2 Days
10% off selected All treks Find out more
Inca Trail Machu PicchuThe Inca Trail is beyond a doubt one of the most beautiful trails in Americas and therefore an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
The trail leads through the protected wild nature of the Peruvian jungle and forest steppe, passes several archeological Inca sights and offers impressive views. The Incas used this itinerary for the pilgrimage to the sacred citadel Machu Picchu.
|Package Name:||Inca Trail Short|
|Type of Trek :||Archaeological, Cultural, ecological and Adventure|
|Group Size :||To suit group requirements|
|Difficulty degree of this hike:||Moderate / Challenge|
|Departures Day:||- Our company organize daily departures
- All private service departure dates are adapted to your request.
- A minimum of 2 persons is needed for this trek
|Activities:||Trekking, Camping and Adventure|
|High Season:||March - January|
|Route:||Closed in February|
|Altitude:||2050 - 2650 m. / 6726 - 9350 f.|
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu Full Itinerary
Our journey starts early in the morning. After our arrival at km 104 by train, the Royal Inca Trail begins with a hike to Chachabamba (2270m/7448f), where our guide will inform us about the previous function of this archeological site. Thereafter, we will reach Wiñayhuayna (2650m/8694f), the most important archeological site besides Machu Picchu. After that, our trail continues towards the Sun Gate “Inti Punku”, a nice viewpoint from which we can enjoy the nightfall on Machu Picchu (2400m/7874f). Since we have to continue our walk to our hotel in Aguas Calientes, we will only spend little time in the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu on the first day.
Hiking time: 06 hours
Total distance: 12 km.
Hiking time: 06 hours
Total distance: 12 km.
We will leave our hotel towards Machu Picchu after breakfast at about 5:30 am by bus. We are leaving that early because at this time the setting is less crowded and the morning is a good time to enjoy the calmness and the ancient spirit of the best-known archaeological site on the continent. After our arrival at the citadel around 6:00 am, our guide will give us detailed information about Machu Picchu and the history and culture of the Inca. Thereafter, you will have enough free time to enjoy and explore the site on your own (f.ex. go to the Inka Bridge, explore the variety of buildings or climb Waynapicchu for an amazing panorama picture). A bus takes you down to Aguas Calientes. Here you have the possibility to join the town’s hot springs (S10). We will leave Aguas Calientes in the afternoon.
What is Included:
- Transfer between hotel and train station in Cusco
- Tourist train to km 104
- Tourist train from the village of Aguas Calientes to Cusco (Poroy)/to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- Tourist bus Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (2 ways)
- Entrance fees to the Inca Trail and the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Meals during the excursion (1 breakfast, 1 box lunch, 1 dinner/optional vegetarian).
- Hotel with private room in the village of Aguas Calientes
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle.
What is not Included:
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Entrance to the Hot Springs in Aguas Calientes
- Optional night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged easily.
- Alcoholic drinks
Recomended Things To Take:
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at SUNRISE office).
- Bottle of mineral water.
- Rain gear and/or plastic poncho (can be purchase in Cusco).
- Hiking boots.
- Warm jacket or fleece, t-shirts, shorts, long pants, sun hat and wool hat.
- Sun block.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper and garbage bag.
- Small towel and bathing suit (hot springs optional).
- Camera, extra film and extra batteries.
- Snacks, chocolates, energy bars.
- Emergency money.
- Walking stick (optional).
Payment Details:We require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$150 per person. The deposit can be sent by a WESTERN UNION, PAY PAL, CREDIT CARD or to our PERUVIAN BANKING ACCOUNT money transfer. This is the fastest and most secure form of payment in Peru. The money transfer should be in the name of Cusco Expeditions,. Once you arrive in Cusco you must pay the remaining balance in cash prior to beginning your tour. We accept both US Dollars and Peruvian Soles (local currency).
Making a trek booking:Prior to making a reservation with CUSCO EXPEDITIONS it is important to read through our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ). This will help answer any queries that you may have about our services. In order to make a booking with our lares trek service just click on the Reservations link below.
Important:The night before your trek there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office or in your hotel at either 6 or 7pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival to Cusco).
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ...
Anywhere is possible