Cusipata - Chuquicahuana
10% off selected All treks Find out more
River Rafting in CuscoEnjoy this exciting trip white water rafting in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, passing through beautiful scenery near the city of Cusco. The Urubamba river offers different sections with various levels of rapids throughout its length, from class I until III+ in the dry season, and class V rapids during the rainy season. The rapids, accompanied by a magnificent landscape, make this tour an unforgettable experience for people with a sense of adventure and a love of nature..
At 9:00am we leave Cusco heading north to the Urubamba river in the Sacred Valley where our guide will issue safety instructions and the use of the equipment for our trip on the Urubamba river. Afterwards, we will navegate rapids of class III or IV for 2.5 hours, depending on the route that we have chosen, we could go to Ollantaytambo Class III (March to November) or Quiquijana Class III and Chuquicahuana Class IV (December to May).
After lunch we will return to Cusco arriving at approximately at 5:00pm.
NOTE: The rapids are categorized as follows:
Difficulty III: Easy without risk, something exciting
Difficulty III-IV: Exciting, with some risk
Difficulty V: Very exciting and risky, an additional boat is needed for security and is the maximum level that can be done with Tourists.
Difficulty IV: Extreme risk, cannot be made by canoe.
River Rafting Full Itinerary
- We will meet at 9:00 am at the front door of our offices located at Triunfo Street 392 and in the Plaza de Armas in Cusco.
- Our private transportation will take us to our camping ground at “Cusipata River Camp”, were we can leave our baggage. Here you will enjoy , hot showers, toilets , sauna and a comfortable dinning area.
- Our Professional River guides will provide you with all the proper rafting equipment such as helmet, wet suit, spray jacket ,paddle and self bailing raft.
- After a comprehensive safety talk you will drive 10 minutes more to Chuquicahuana them will running exiting class III rapids. You will spend about two hours floating time , Afterwards, we drive back to CASA CUSI “ were a good warm lunch will be serve and you can enjoy a relaxing SAUNA.
- Our return would be in the late afternoon .
What is Included:
- Transportation to the river and back
- All the rafting equipment, such as helmets, life jackets, spray jackets, wet suits, paddles & Raft.
- Professional River guides
- lunch , we can accommodate to a vegetarian diet upon request
- Photos and video upon request with an additional charge
- Safety Kayaker
What is not Included:
- A complete set of dry clothing
- A pair of sandals or tennis shoes for the river, that will get wet.
- Sun Block
- A small towel
- A bathing suit to wear under the wet suit
- A good positive mental aptitude
Recomended Things To Take:
- A small backpack
- Hats for the sun
- Camera and batteries
- Water bottle.
Payment Details:We require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$150 per person. The deposit can be sent by a WESTERN UNION, PAY PAL, CREDIT CARD or to our PERUVIAN BANKING ACCOUNT money transfer. This is the fastest and most secure form of payment in Peru. The money transfer should be in the name of Cusco Expeditions,. Once you arrive in Cusco you must pay the remaining balance in cash prior to beginning your tour. We accept both US Dollars and Peruvian Soles (local currency).
Making a trek booking:Prior to making a reservation with CUSCO EXPEDITIONS it is important to read through our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ). This will help answer any queries that you may have about our services. In order to make a booking with our lares trek service just click on the Reservations link below.
Important:The night before your trek there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office or in your hotel at either 6 or 7pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival to Cusco).
If you are interested in this tour or do you have any questions about it. Please Contact us ...
Anywhere is possible